The process of making choices that improve the quality of our environment. This includes acting in ways that positively impact the environment, not only for this generation, but for generations to come.
We can become good citizens of the planet Earth in simple ways:
- Turn off the water while we brush our teeth or do our dishes.
- Never litter… even when friends are doing it. Even pick up trash while walking to class or out for a walk.
- Walk or bike instead of drive- it’s better for the environment, better for our cars, and even better for our bodies!
- Limit the purchase of disposable items such as paper or Styrofoam plates, plastic utensils, throw-away pens and razors, etc.
- Re-use “disposable” items… plastic containers, plastic baggies, etc.
- Purchase products made from recycled paper or plastic products. Be prepared to find really cool household goods, playground equipment and even designer clothing!
- Donate clothes you don’t wear often. This form of recycling can help others in need.
- Buy clothes, furniture or other materials from a thrift store or rummage sale… it’s a form of recycling!
- Buy energy efficient products… you can find everything from light bulbs to freezers!
- Read, 50 Simple Things You Can Do To Save the Earth. (Amazon.Com sells it for 12 cents!)
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Start a “worm garden” under your kitchen sink… an inexpensive and easy way to compost kitchen scraps and produce great soil!
- Teach your children how to be eco-friendly. From the prophetic Crosby, Stills & Nash song, “Teach your children well.”
- Visit: www.EverydayActivist.com for many more ideas!
NOTE: No trees were harmed in the creation of this web page, however, a number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.